Do you want to know how to enable two-factor authentication on steam? Here we have provided this topic to help you enable two-factor authentication on steam.
A video game distribution platform like steam is Adobe Photoshop for video games. Steam is a much more enjoyable experience. It provides gamer-friendly features for desktop laptops and steam Decks including cloud saves, remote downloads, and video streaming.
Of course, security is very important in this online world. There are different methods that help to improve your security. In that way, you need to enable 2-factor authentication on steam.
What is two-factor authentication?
Besides your Normal login and password, this feature adds an extra layer of security. Yes, to your account one must link both pieces.10 two-factor authentication increases security if you access your account frequently from places other than your home.
Once you enable this two-factor authentication it automatically generates a random code each time you log in which makes it very important to enable this. Your smartphone will send you different random codes for each login session.
Enable two-factor authentication on steam:
It is a very simple process in which you can enable two-factor authentication on your steam account. Now you know that it is very important for our security and privacy purpose. sTeam is both web-based and desktop applications for setting up two-factor authentication.
- First You need to download the steam desktop app if you don’t already have it on your PC.
- Once the download is complete you can install it on your PC.
- Log in to your steam account.
- Now you can select Steam by clicking the steam button.
- Using the drop menu select the settings option.
- Now you need to click on the account option in the left panel.
- Just right-click manage steam guard account security.
- Manage Steam god will pop up with two options for a steam guard.
How to get a Guard code via smartphone?
- Download the steam app from the Play Store and install it on your smartphone.
- Now you need to log in to your steam account for which you want to turn on two-factor authentication.
- Tap on the hamburger menu.
- Now select the steam Guard option.
- Now select the add authenticator option.
- Enter your phone number And verify it with the help of OTP.
- Then you will get a confirmation email on your registered email account.
- That’s it. You will get the code and now you must add it to your steam desktop app to enable two-factor authentication.
If you don’t want to use your smartphone authentication option then you can use the email steam guard code which will be emailed to your email address.
If you have any thoughts about how to enable two-factor authentication on steam then feel free to ask us in the comment box section.